Saturday, July 17, 2010

Health & Wellness: Christiane Northrup (Women's Bodies Women's Wisdom)

If you haven't already, I HIGHLY recommend you pick up a copy of this book today.

A friend gave me this book, three years ago, shortly after I had my son. It took me a while to actually sit down and start reading. Initially, I thought it was more for an older audience. However, I quickly realized that all women (no matter their age) can greatly benefit from the information provided.

Christiane Northrup explains how allopathic treatments (such as surgery) can save lives but also talks about the power of natural therapies and herbs as well. Basically pointing out that we need a balance between western and eastern medicine to maintain our overall health. 

She also points out that many physical problems are caused by a deep rooted emotional issue. For example, a woman who is unhappy with her marriage may be infertile because deep down, she knows that her husband is not the right man to have children with.

No comments:

Post a Comment